|Related Policies & Procedures||Health and Safety Policy, Employee Policy Handbook|
|Effective Date||March 2019|
|Next Review Date||June 2021|
Accessible Customer Service Policy
S&R Mechanical is committed to excellence in serving all Customers, including people with disabilities, by striving to provide our goods and services in a manner that is accessible to everyone and will do everything reasonable to accommodate.
Providing Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
S&R Mechanical respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We will ensure our practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity by carrying out our responsibilities in the following areas:
We will communicate with our Customers in an efficient and friendly manner that is respectful of their communication needs. We will train Associates, who have direct interaction with the public, on how to most effectively interact and communicate with persons with disabilities to ensure our practices are equitable and inclusive.
We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our Customers, within our regular operating hours.
Alternate methods of communication are available to ensure our Customers have access to the communication approach that best meets their needs, such as e-mail, fax, mail if telephone communication is not available.
We recognize that some Customers may require the use of assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods & services. We will ensure that our Associates are trained to appropriately interact with and provide assistance to our Customers, who use assistive devices, including but not limited to:
Where a person with a disability is accompanied by a service animal, we are committed to ensuring ease of access to our premises. We will ensure that our Employees, volunteers and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities, who are accompanied by a service animal.
A support person accompanying a Customer with a disability will be allowed to accompany the Customer at all times. If confidential information needs to be shared, consent will be obtained from the Customer, prior to any conversation.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
S&R Mechanical will provide Customers with as much advance notice as possible in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption at our location. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration. Also, any residential service calls that may be affected due to an unexpected disruption will be contacted by phone and email.
The notice will be posted at all public entrances/exits. In addition, an announcement will be made periodically throughout the disruption period via our P.A. system.
Training of Associates
Training will take place as part of everyone’s onboarding process for new hires.
Employee training will include the following elements:
• How to effectively interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing S&R Mechanical’s goods & services.
• S&R Mechanical’s policies, practices, and procedures relating to Accessible Customer Service. Employees will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices, and procedures.
Any existing policy of S&R Mechanical that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
An Accessibility Coordinator will be appointed by the company with responsibility to:
1. Review this policy on an annual basis and revise where necessary.
2. Provide customers and interested parties with a copy of this policy upon request.
3. Make this policy available in alternate formats upon request.
4. Ensure that all Employees are appropriately trained to provide accessible customer service.
5. Ensure that notice is provided for any disruption of service.
6. Collect and follow up on all Customer feedback.
All Employees, who have direct interaction with the public, will be required to:
1. Attend and complete Accessible Customer Service training.
2. Employ the skills and knowledge presented in the Accessible Customer Service training program to ensure consistent level of customer service.
3. Inform management of any issues regarding accessibility, including disruptions of service that could affect customer access to our premises.
4. Adhere to the Accessible Customer Service Policy at all times.
5. Provide assistance to Customers where necessary, and ensure all aisles, walkways, and hallways are kept clear at all times.
Questions About This Policy
If anyone has a question about the policy, or if the purpose of the policy is not understood, an inquiry can be sent to [email protected] or phone directly at 613-830-0165 and ask to speak to someone on the Management team. Customers can expect a response within 1-2 business days.